There’s simply not another tooth replacement option that works as well as dental implants in Greenfield. Expertly restored by our awesome dental team at Advanced Dental Treatment Center of Greenfield, these artificial teeth reside in the jaw bone. This provides a secure foundation for healthy chewing, speaking, and for outstanding improvements in overall appearance.
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth composed of three parts:
- A titanium metal screw (naturally biocompatible to your body) placed directed into the jaw bone during a simple oral surgery.
- A metal alloy post, or abutment, that is attached to the implant and extending above the gum line.
- A customized porcelain crown which is realistic in color, shape, and size in correlation to your surrounding natural teeth.
After your oral surgery is complete, your dentist in Greenfield, Dr. William J. Carini, allows several weeks of healing for the implant to fuse to the jawbone. This postoperative time allows for a natural process called osseointegration where the jaw bone literally bonds itself to the titanium implant. Osseointegration makes dental implants exceptionally strong and prevents gum and bone recession (common side effects of tooth loss).
Implant Supported Prosthetics
While dentists and their patients often choose dental implants to replace a single tooth, these prosthetics can anchor multiple teeth–in other words, fixed bridges or full dentures.
If you need to get a bridge, dental implants may be the best for you because you can avoid tooth and gum recession that bridges sometimes cause. Sometimes bridges grind down of tooth enamel to anchor adjacently to natural teeth.
With full implant-supported dentures, patients don’t have to worry about sticky, unpleasant denture adhesives. And, instead of further deteriorating the strength of your jawbone with constant grinding, the implant posts of dental implants restore the health of your jawbone. These denture patients experience no slurred speech or dietary restrictions either.
While bridges and traditional dentures need replacement in 8 to 10 years, dental implants can last a lifetime, rarely requiring the added costs of replacement. They boast a success rate of more than 90 percent and are easily cared for with routine brushing, flossing and professional cleanings. They’re just like your natural teeth! Plus, their appearance is virtually camouflaged among your surrounding natural teeth. Customized implant restorations from Advanced Dental Treatment Center really mimic the feel and function of real teeth.
Who Is a Candidate for Dental Implants?
Jawbone deterioration plays a big part in our dental health and plays a part in being eligible for dental implants. Ideal dental implant patients:
- Have healthy teeth and gums.
- Have sufficient jawbone density.
- Practice good oral hygiene.
- Are committed to the time it takes to heal from dental implants (varies from patient to patient).
- Do not suffer from medical disorders that slow the body’s healing process.
- Are non-smokers or patients willing to stop smoking during the dental implant process.
Contact Advanced Dental Treatment Center
Dr. Carini is the best source of information on this ideal tooth replacement option. Why not contact our Greenfield office today to arrange a dental implant consultation? We look forward to helping you achieve a healthy, full smile once again.